Duration: 7 days
This treatment is performed by an authentic shaman of the Shuar tribe, a specialist in medicinal plants.
- 7 am departure from the Amazon Explorer office by motocarro.
- Car from Iquitos to Nauta (1:30 hr). Breakfast served.
- Private motorboat from Nauta to the Yarapa River (3 hrs).
- Hike to a village on a riverbank (40 min).
- Chat with the shaman.
- Accommodation: Overnight in the home of the Shuar shaman.
- Treatments provided by the shaman with medicinal plants.
- Diet provided by the shaman.
- Relax in hammocks.
- Walking and canoeing in the primary rainforest.
- Overnight in the home of the Shaman.
- Walk to a Village on theYarapa River (40 min).
- Private boat from Yarapa River to Nauta (3 hrs).
- Car from Nauta to Iquitos (1:30 hr).
- Arrival at Amazon Explorer office (7 pm).
Services include: Transfer from Iquitos airport, all land and river transportation, all meals provided for duration of Ceremony (according to diet set by the shaman), purified water, and treatments by Shuar shaman
Materials: Mosquito nets, sheets, mattresses, hammocks and rubber boots.
Amazon Explorer provides financial support for the village.
This program may be adapted for those who simply want to learn about the preparation and use of medicinal plants.